Friday, February 17, 2017

“This kind cannot be driven out by anything but prayer.” Mark 9:29

    Have you ever been to that point that you just don't know what the Lord is asking of you? You feel hopeless in what your next step is on your life path?  There seem to be branches of the path going everywhere crossing over each other every few yards.  Do you cry out to God not sure if he is listening to what you are asking?  This is a frequent thing that I struggle with.  Just when I think I have a plan he takes his eraser and says, "Wait I have something much different in store."  I planned to go be encouraged by my friend that always has great things to say to me.  Today I was the one listening and finding out that she had hard things in her life too.  

      I sat there in her living room watching her on the verge of tears and knew there is only one thing we could do.  As the kids were calling on her, and at her feet, I took a hold of her in a hug and prayed for our families and our spouses. We prayed that God would grow both of us in ways that we can't imagine today.

Habakkuk 1:5  English Standard Version (ESV)
“Look among the nations, and see; wonder and be astounded. For I am doing a work in your days that you would not believe if told."


  When we finished I knew that God had prompted me to text her. He nudged me to meet with her even though I had not seen her since before Christmas. I had not had time to call and chat but I know that God touches our hearts with friends that need us in difficult times. I have truly been touched by the fact that I have a God that knows my friends and their hearts enough to prompt me to be there when they are in need.


      Who have you put off, being on your knees for?  I have, to be honest, I am not good at getting on my knees in prayer.   I long for that closeness to God, but feel uncomfortable in the position like it's holy but know we are to be so amazed by his power that we fall to our knees.  I feel that prayer is a very powerful tool.  I too often forget it's the first and easiest tool in my tool box that I can pull out anywhere without anyone knowing.  I can stand in at the gas pump and witness something hard to watch and just pray for Gods peace in that situation. 

     I am not always good at this, but I know that God has more power than I give him credit for. I have watched prayer bring momma's babies when Dr's have said it was impossible, heal marriages, calm spouses when hard things were brought up, and I have witnessed healing in places that others thought were not possible. I love these verses that talk about how we struggle to believe.

Mark 9:23-29 English Standard Version (ESV)

23 And Jesus said to him, “‘If you can’! All things are possible for one who believes.” 24 Immediately the father of the child cried out[a] and said, “I believe; help my unbelief!” 25 And when Jesus saw that a crowd came running together, he rebuked the unclean spirit, saying to it, “You mute and deaf spirit, I command you, come out of him and never enter him again." 26 And after crying out and convulsing him terribly, it came out, and the boy was like a corpse, so that most of them said, “He is dead.” 27 But Jesus took him by the hand and lifted him up, and he arose. 28 And when he had entered the house, his disciples asked him privately, “Why could we not cast it out?” 29 And he said to them, “This kind cannot be driven out by anything but prayer.”
      Wow, there are things that can only be relieved by prayer POWERFUL stuff.  What is it that makes me not pray? Why am I afraid to lay hands on my friends and family when scripture says so clearly that there are things that can only be brought out with prayer.  Prayers of the believer's that truly trust that God has amazing power so for you today I pray that God helps heal your unbelief.

No comments:

Post a Comment